Saturday, May 2, 2009

Early Voting

Earlier today I went up to the Police and Courts building to vote. It was so easy. That was a good thing and a bad thing. It was quick and was in and out in 10 minutes. The bad news was the numbers are behind last election as far as early voting. I can't urge you enough to get out to vote. It is the only way to insure we have a council in place that is concerned about the future of our town. If you were at the Candidates Forum on Thursday, you should have a pretty clear cut idea of who would be best for us. If you don't yet, we will have video posted here soon so you can see for yourself what the candidates had to say.

We will be coming out with personal endorsements soon.

You still have an hour to go today, the polls close at 5pm, the rain has ended, so run on up and cast your vote now. If not today, early voting continues on Monday and Tuesday.

Please get out and VOTE.

3 comments:

  1. I was there from 10:00 until the rain came pouring down and probably saw about 30-40 people come in. I know we all sound like a broken record, but please get all of your friends and neighbors to the polls. And make sure when you get them there, they vote for me in Place 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I heard during the candidate forum on Thursday night:
    Steve Dixon and Angie Cox are in favor of increasing developement to lower our tax base. To me this means to destroy more open land to build more strip malls to sit half vacant and I will still be paying more taxes. I sensed their objective as more commercial growth than resident satisfaction.
    Mike Wallace is in favor of widening Morriss Rd. because one study said it was needed, there fore it must be done. To me this means that Mike Wallace has no flexability or ability to see beyond what a study suggests === it must be true if it's on the internet kind of thinking.
    Bob Butler is in favor of doing something about a problem instead of just bitching about it. To me this is a good quality, taking responsibility instead of blaming someone else.
    Tom Hayden has done his homework! Very up to date with what is happening with local politics and who is involved in what. He has researched and made a firm decision on what he is supporting. The impression I got was that he supports Smart Growth and to slow down the over developement that is currently going on.
    I also got the impression that Steve Lyda and Claudio Forest are sincerely concerned about what is happening to Flower Mound from the residents perspective and not from a commercial gain perspective.
    I moved to Flower Mound because of the beautiful rural atmosphere. I love the wide open spaces and am so sad to see all the warehouses and confused/random building that is taking over the forests and fields. I support Smarth Growth and do not feel the current Town Council supports this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Increase the tax base - keeping residential taxes lower.. There is something wrong with that???

    ReplyDelete