Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Press Release



Fact vs. Fiction by Tom Hayden

At the Flower Mound Town Council Meeting, May 4th, 2009 my opponent's supporter, Patsy Mizeur's political action committee (PAC), maliciously misrepresented facts regarding an Investment Partnership in which I, Tom Hayden, was the General Partner. Mayor Smith prohibited me from speaking.

Ms. Mizeur and her PAC do not understand how these types of investments work. Because of my foresight and skill I took action prior to the stock market crash and over the life of the fund, investors averaged double digit returns. Clients were extremely pleased with my performance. My ability to identify economic cycles well in advance is why I have been successful for 20 years.

In 2006 Chaparral Capital Partners voluntarily closed and returned all capital to investors. The Investment Partnership was closed because I, the manager did not like the direction of the economy and believed the Equity Markets were becoming Frothy at the time. A copy of the returns is attached.

In addition:

- The State of Texas Securities Board performed routine audits of the Partnerships and found no deficiencies.
- All investors in the Partnership remain references.
- There were no Franchise Taxes due in 2007 because the business ceased to operate in 2006.

As a town councilman I would bring valuable financial skills to help Flower Mound thrive during troubled economic times. I would also treat residents honestly and with the respect owed them.

My attorney will be ready to take action following any additional misrepresentation, slander or libel. The political bullying of Flower Mound should end now.

Respectfully,

Tom Hayden
Flower Mound Town Council Candidate Place 5

Attached is the portfolio statement that Mr Hayden was referring to...click image for a clearer view of the document.

6 comments:

  1. Tom still has my vote. All this did was show me how dishonest his opponents and thier supporters are. Shame on them. Many people wouldn't even wait for additional misrepresentation, slander or libel. The law suit would of been filed this morning. Tom you are a better man than most. Thanks for sticking it out and moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have heard, this woman has a reputation for and history of inappropriate behavior, she has validated the rumor.
    I was also disappointed in the Town Council on several counts last night and would like to say Thank You to those that are stepping down. My experience so far with the current Town Council has lead me to believe it is time to turn a new leaf and start over with a new Town Council. I will give credit to a person that can sense burn out and step down. I look forward to working with a New council, as we have heard from all the candidates, except Mike Wallace, that they will listen and work with the residents on the Morriss Rd. conflict. As a community we all agree, we moved to Flower Mound because it is different from the surrounding boom-towns, we would like to keep it that way. We have enough developed property, let's do work on occupancy rates in this capacity. We are loosing all of the natural beauty to warehouses already. You know I had to get that in! STOP destroying our rural forests and natural landscapes to warehouses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen,

    I have one word and one word only for you:


    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom,

    I was sickened by the filth that poured out of Ms. Mizeur's mouth last night. I know I have only gotten to know you over the last few months, but I consider myself a good judge of character and you have my support and my vote. You are a good man and I believe that you will do the right thing for Flower Mound if you’re elected. Keep up the good fight and hopefully when the dust settles, you’re the new Town Councilman for Place 5 in Flower Mound.

    Sincerely,

    Bob Butler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can someone point me to something that shows Steve Lyda is not for the Morris Road expansion? If some people think this is a good idea, simply go over to 2499 and cross the street. Even at the lights, and the walk signal, I promise you, you will not feel safe. You really want to do this in the middle of the town?
    Regards
    David Bolding

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have doubts about Lyda in simply the fact that he currently sits on the board for the Transportation Authority which has discussed, at length, the Morriss expansion. He has voted with the group in favor of it. I am not sure how he has managed to change his viewpoint, unless it was just to score some votes.

    ReplyDelete