Friday, March 13, 2009

Interesting comments on the Lantana Links message board.

This was taken from the Lantana Links message board.



Last night I tried to attend a meeting a friend of mine made me aware of at
the Fire Station in Flower Mound. The meeting was on how the Town has on the
budget and plans for widening Morris Rd and Gerault Rd to 6 lanes.

I never did get inside to hear the speakers. They were turning several of us
away because they were over the capacity of the room, 75 people. We did get
to sign that we were there and against the concrete jungle. I then decided
to wait outside until people came out and asked them what was being said.
More and more of my friends and neighbors kept coming and also being told we
could not go in. The halls outside the room and now the entrance outside the
building where filled with concerned Flower Mound residents. At the end when
everyone was leaving a Fireman told me he counted over 250 people inside the
doors. I know that did not include the people being turned away that actual
did leave right away.

This was a great showing of what America is all about;” Our ability to have
a voice on our future.”

While I was waiting outside I was offered a packet to bring back to my
Homeowners Association that explained the Residents concerns and papers the
Town provided that explained their intent. All of this information is
available at Stop Morris 6’s Blog Site,
STOPMORRISS6.BLOGSPOT.COM http://stopmorriss6.blogspot.com.

After reading through the packet I was given and the Town’s Fact Sheet, I
started thinking. The Fact Sheet says that this has been on the books for 27
years. I ask why not wait another 27 years. I hope the next time we have to
address this question again it will be in the year 2030. Maybe the residence
then will want the road expansion. I know I do not and all the people at the
meeting do not want the expansion.

I never did say why I was there. I have young children that go to one of the
Middle Schools on Morris Road and my Children walked or rode a bike to
Elementary School and Middle School on this road. I already fear the safety
of my children on this neighborhood access road and cannot imagine Morris
Road as a 6 lane major access road.

Let me go off topic a bit. When we moved to Texas we went out of our way to
find the best city to raise our family as close to the same memories as I
grew up in. We first where going to move to McKinney where we have family.
We then thought better of the drive to the airport and started looking close
to DFW Airport. Several of my husband’s new office workers said to go to
Flower Mound. You will like the family environment and the beauty of the
Town. So for several days we just drove around the city. On purpose we would
take Forest Vista and Morris Road because of how pretty the streets where
and it just felt like home. We decided on Donald Elementary and Sherwood
Estates and then later moved to Rustic Timbers, Forest Vista Elementary,
both go to Forestwood Middle School. Yes we did pick these schools and
communities because of the winding, no straight line neighborhood access
roads.

Please honor the wishes and the safety of the residents of Flower Mound
Today. Just delay the project another 27 years or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment